Location: City of Osimo, Italy
The smart management algorithms, developed through IEGSA platform, will use real time and historical data collected from the LV lines, together with meteorological data and prediction model.
The energy management system:
- will use the data generated by AMI to optimally schedule the charge and discharge cycles of the storages linked to the LV lines;
- will activate the demand and response strategies, sending signals to the distributed controllable loads, asking to increase/reduce consumption (two pumping stations and Astea office buildings will be managed through a direct control strategy, while residential loads will be engaged indirectly, implementing an alert mechanism together with an end user incentive system).
Objective and ambition
- Increase the microgrid self-consumption of renewable energy, thus reducing the amount of power injected towards the national grid at the point of common coupling with national TSO.
- Improve the power quality of the microgrid by acting on the critical LV lines identified by the DSO.
- Promote the final users engagement in DR programs
- Test a methodology to reliably coordinate the operability of the centralized EES and the distributed loads